9.13.2010

musing.


"Live on, survive, for the earth gives forth wonders. It may swallow your heart, but the wonders keep on coming. You stand before them bareheaded, shriven. What is expected of you is attention."--Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet


I cannot imagine life without reading,just as I cannot imagine life without travel. In many ways, I see the two acts as intimately linked aspects of my life, as travel always provides ample time for reading and reading acts as a form of escape when departure from physical, geographical or emotional confines is not a viable option. However, what never ceases to amaze me is how I can always locate some tidbit of wisdom related to my current situation in any book I am reading, regardless of its subject matter. I think from time to time I will post some quotes from my book du jour that I feel relate to this amazing, challenging, awe inspiring, and exhausting adventure I am on!

1 comment:

  1. skate you are the best! thanks for all the nice messages, we really missed you this past week. it was a BALL. keep on writing these lovely posts that keep me occupied at work. LOVE YA.
    nan

    ReplyDelete